Start a new topic
Answered

Browse Button Not working in File Upload Forms

When I go to click "BROWSE" to upload a file, the window does not appear to upload the file. No error message appears.

I am using Chrome, I am logged-out of my gmail account.

I have tried this on several different devices.

Best Answer

Sorry that you are facing this issue with File Upload Forms.

Due to some changes in the Google File Picker API, the forms library has to be updated.

Here's a step by step guide that explains how you can update the library for your forms.

https://www.labnol.org/update-google-script-library-200415

After you have updated the form library and redeployed the app with a new version, go back to the Google Sheet, open the Form editor, and save it again. This is required to clear the old cache.

Should you have any questions, let us know.

2 people have this question

This stopped working for me just a couple of hours ago.

I'm having this problem, too.

I'm having this problem, too.

me 2

Answer

Sorry that you are facing this issue with File Upload Forms.

Due to some changes in the Google File Picker API, the forms library has to be updated.

Here's a step by step guide that explains how you can update the library for your forms.

https://www.labnol.org/update-google-script-library-200415

After you have updated the form library and redeployed the app with a new version, go back to the Google Sheet, open the Form editor, and save it again. This is required to clear the old cache.

Should you have any questions, let us know.

1 person likes this

I had updated to the latest libraries a week or two ago (291 v9) and everything was working, but today I heard from 2 users that the File Picker was not working. I tried and had the same issue. Just trying things, dropped the library back down to 287 v8, redeployed, and the File Picker started working again.

I see there is also a problem when a user uses an Adblocker, this must be disabled.

In our testing, the adblocker will not likely be an issue.

I tried with Brave browser and I have to disable it, in order to work and send forms.

I am also having this issue. Followed the steps above without resolve.

Login or Signup to post a comment