Start a new topic
Answered

File Upload Form showing an error message

This is Haley Hong from South Korea. I'm a middle school English teacher, and because of covid-19, schools are preparing for online classes. So I read the article named "How to Create Forms that Allow File Uploads to Google Drive" and followed all the steps.

However, when I finished making the form and tried it, it keeps showing the message like this: "Error: TypeError: Cannot find function toLowerCase in object 1." I'm now having trouble understanding this and cannot figure out how to solve this problem. In my form, I used Korean, which does not have any lowercase or uppercase, so I wonder if that is the problem. To solve this problem, should I write a code to add a language other than English? Then how can I do that? 

Here is the form link that I made. No matter what I put in the blanks, it keeps saying the same error message.

I would really really appreciate it if you could help me solve this problem. I ask for your favor that you could let me know how I can fix this error. 

Thank you for reading this, and I'll be looking forward your answer.

Haley Hong

Best Answer

Sorry that you are facing this issue with File Upload Forms.

Due to some changes in the Google File Picker API, the forms library has to be updated.

Here's a step by step guide that explains how you can update the library for your forms.

https://www.labnol.org/update-google-script-library-200415

After you have updated the form library and redeployed the app with a new version, go back to the Google Sheet, open the Form editor, and save it again. This is required to clear the old cache.

Should you have any questions, let us know.

Sorry about the issue you are facing.

Would it be possible for you to send use the debug logs from the File Uploads forms menu.

1 person likes this

Would you be more specific please? I'm sorry but I don't get it.

1 person likes this
Answer

Sorry that you are facing this issue with File Upload Forms.

Due to some changes in the Google File Picker API, the forms library has to be updated.

Here's a step by step guide that explains how you can update the library for your forms.

https://www.labnol.org/update-google-script-library-200415

After you have updated the form library and redeployed the app with a new version, go back to the Google Sheet, open the Form editor, and save it again. This is required to clear the old cache.

Should you have any questions, let us know.

Login or Signup to post a comment